About Me

My photo
I do not believe in dreams. I believe in reality, when looked closely upon even the ugly things in this world have small amounts of beauty in them.

Thursday, September 30

My Latest Obsession

I cannot call myself a photographer. I am as amateur as they come. However, I found a Minolta Maxxum 7000 camera that belonged to my grandfather in the attic when cleaning it out before moving to Plano. The camera, almost thrown away by David, functioned fully once I inserted film and batteries. This matter inspired me to take the photography class at school. But with the good news of finding the film camera came the bad news of my digital one breaking. The digital camera keeps on vibrating, making all the pictures a big blur. I know that to fully experience photography one must work with film; I just wish I had another, less costly, camera to gain the experience. For the time being, I have been borrowing my mom's Sony Cyber Shot, but the inconvenience makes my photos rushed, and in my opinion forced.

With my birthday right around the corner, I began researching digital cameras worth investing in. Coincidently, like my first film camera, my first digital one was a handy down Minolta. Unfortunately, the company went out of business, leading me to fall in love with the pure white Pentax K-x. Now, most of the people in my life know about my obsession with the color pink, but there is just something about white electronics that make me fall in love.


So there it is: me the amateur wanting another camera to maybe, one day...someday become a sensational photographer.

No comments: